Eagle Wing Guest Motel Portfolio Photos Around the Outer Cape
Nauset Light House
Nauset Lighthouse. Located within the Cape Cod National Seashore, Nauset Light is one of the most famous lighthouses on the east coast. Originally built in 1887, it was moved to Eastham from Chatham in 1923 to replace the Three Sisters. The upper portion of the beacon was painted red in 1940 to distinguish it from Highland and Chatham lights. Nauset Light was in danger of being lost to erosion, and in 1993 the Coast Guard proposed decommissioning the light. The light was saved, however, by the Nauset Light Preservation Society, which financed a project to move the light further inland and was finally completed in 1996. This working lighthouse is visible 16 miles out to sea.